Generating PWM with 1769-HSC

seino

Software RSLogix 5000 V20

Hello,

I am trying to use a 1769-HSC behind a SSR to control flow of a pump. The pump speed can be controlled by a PMW signal with a frequency of 2Hz and 5VDC.

I'm having a hard time configuring the block to obtain a PWM signal. I have been able to turn the outputs on by doing the following:

Taking a signal from my flow sensor into a PID block to obtain a sufficient duty cycle based on a set point. Then I am taking the duty cycle into a scaling block and writing the scaling blocks output into Range12To15[0].HiLimOrDirWr. Meanwhile having a handler that one shots the Range12To15[0].LoadDirectWrite every time the input changes which allows me to write the input value of the hiLimOrDirWr to my currentCount which enables my ranges and turns on my output.

However, I still dont know how to turn a direct output into a pulse. This may be just a simple timer issue, but I am very new to PLC's and ladder logic, and I'm not sure if the things I've done so far are correct.

Thank you in advance for helping.

PS. I'm starting to think a simple digital output block would have worked easier and better since the frequency is so low. However, I already purchased the HSC and believe there is a way of making it work.