Wonderware trend to excel

I am very novice in wonderware. I work offshore on an oil and gas facility. I am needing to pull a trend on several meters. I can easily do it on windowviewer. But, I need to take those same readings over, let's say a 24 hour period, and transfer them to an excel file. Now, again I say, I am very novice in wonder ware. I can navigate windowviewer but after that, I'm fairly loss. Could someone please, in detail, explain to me the steps to take in order to accomplish my task? Do I do this in windowmaker? Or in the data filed on my actual windows computer? I know this may sound very elementary to most of you but I am really lost. Please be detail. Thank you very very much in advance!!!

Look into the "HistData" program that comes with Intouch. You can use it with Excel to spit out data from your trend files. I know that Wonderware has an Excel template to get you started but I couldn't tell you the technote number offhand.

Thank you, but I did open that program and it just pulls up a blank page. The only option i have I a help button in the top left corner. Which pretty much brings me nowheres. Thanks for the reply though!

Here you go, this Excel file should get you started! Just fill out the fields as instructed and run the macro and you're off.