Obnoxious keyboard behaviour in Windows

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,

some software packages seems to "cleverly" guess what you are trying to do and automatically changes the keyboard layout to "help" you.

Examples:

RSLogix. When editing code it chooses US keyboad, when editing comments it chooses Danish keyboard.

Protool. When editing one of the supported languages, protool automatically switches the keyboard layout to suit the language.

The annoying thing is that my keyboard doesnt REALLY change of course. So, as I have a Danish keyboard it is really annoying when it switches to US :mad: In RSLogix the important ":" and "/" charachters doesnt have the same position in Danish and US keyboard layouts.

So, where can I turn this "smart" feature OFF ?
Is it a Windows setting ? Or is it a setting in one of the respective software packages ?
If someone can help me, I will be FOREVER grateful to that person :nodi:

PS. I have Windows 2000 Pro SP4

THIS looks promising... :nodi:

EDIT: Use it to 'fix' the US keyboard so it thinks it's Danish.

beerchug

-Eric

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

I have downloaded the Keyboard Layout editor, and I have downloaded the Microsoft .NET framework distributable files (23MB) that were required for the utility.
I can now create new keyboard layouts, but how can I overwrite an existing keyboard layout ? I think it can be done, but it will take a lot more effort than one might think.

But your input have pointed me to the simple solution :)
Its a Windows setting and it can be found here:
[attachment]
As I figured it out myself, I will be forever grateful to my own person (but that I was allready). But hey - thanks anyhow :p

PS: I am truly impressed by that tattoo across your chest. Talk about dedication to PLCs.net !!
It would look better if you got a tan though ;)

keyboardlayout.gif