Omron PLC Noob Question

kwallace

Hi all, I took a PLC class some time ago and have since forgotten almost everything in it.

I think I can work out the programming again but I'm failing at the physical wiring connections. Which I think means I'm failing at the "understanding" of it all. In that I mean, I have a switch with 2 connections and a light with 2 connections, how does the Input/Com/Output wiring go?

I've been reading round and I actually cannot find a guide for something like this (maybe I'm not looking in the right places)

However, to get to the next step could someone please let me know how I setup a simple switch to a light. using Input 1 and output 100 (I'm using via the Omron training kit)

What I need to know is the actual wiring so it makes the connection.

Can anyone help please :whistle:

I have never used Omron, but here is a quick diagram that should put you on the right path.
I usually fuse my ouputs as will as the power supply, but you will have to choose what is right for your application.

BCS

Last edited:
However, to get to the next step could someone please let me know how I setup a simple switch to a light. using Input 1 and output 100 (I'm using via the Omron training kit)
Use Moggie's examples, except use only the "01" Input terminal to a module in Slot 0 for Input I0.01, and wire to the "00" Output terminal (instead of the "07" as shown) to a module in Slot 1 for Output O1.00.

You will not need any connections to Input I0.06 or Output O1.03.

Last edited: