Output Wiring

willywonka

Hi all,

I am using the TWDLCAE40DRF PLC for my project and I am unsure if the way I am intending to wire the outputs is safe/logical.

I would like to emulate the switches in the following circuit using the PLC relay outputs.
30wr1ty.png

The manual for the PLC specifies the output wiring to be as follows:
120nvdj.png

(1) Is it ok/safe for me to wire the PLC like this:
dff3u9.png

Also, (2) what do the symbols with an L in a box mean?

Lastly, under the explanation of inputs/outputs section, the manual pairs Sink Inputs with Source Outputs and Source Inputs with Sink Outputs. (3) Does this mean that if I am using sink inputs, I should/have to use source outputs instead of sink outputs? And accordingly, source inputs would require sink outputs?? I'm rather confused about this.
2ly36gp.png

Any advice/comments would be helpful, thanks!

1- No, you can not.

2- L- Load (valve, relay, contactor etc.)

3- Not easy to explain all.

1- No, you can not.

2- L- Load (valve, relay, contactor etc.)

3- Not easy to explain all.

Oh, my bad. I was confused about the symbols.

I have updated the diagram, is it ok? or still not acceptable? Do I need to add a fuse to each output as shown in the recommended output wiring??:
20qffnq.png

I will be using it with this input configuration (does it matter?):
ot27vp.png

If you don't mind, could you briefly explain your answers to 1 and 3? Thanks a lot!! I would like to wire the output as such because I would like outputs 3, 4 and 5 to only have power when output 2 is ON.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:
your solution is too messy. you should keep the schematic as clean as possible so other person can understand it.
If you want to avoid turning ON the other outputs, just move them to another group (6,7,8), and power the new group (COM3) from a contact of Output 2.

You can fuse the outputs, only if you use high speed fuses otherwise they will not work.

On the Input side do Not connect the +24VDC Out to the +24VDC power supply. You can connect the 0V if you want