DH+ Global Data file in PLC5

ettikudiappan

Hi

I have been using SLC500's for quite sometime and used it's Global Data file for broadcasting words over DH+ (using the S:99). I am currently using PLC 5/40L for a project and the RsLogix 5 software does not seems to show any Global data file under the processor status. Am I right in assuming that Global data is not available in PLC5 processors? If so, how do I broadcast a word to all PLC5s without using a continuous message instruction?

You must assign the file number in RSLogix5 under 'Channel Configuration', ch.1A or 1B. You will then see that a 64 word data file matching that file number has been created, named 'CONFIG'.

Similar Topics

When or why do you define a Data file scope to be global or local in RSLogix 500? Thanks a Million
Replies
Views
Hi, I was trying to restore a .cab file and it was stuck at 70% - restore global data for nearly 2 hours. What should I do from here? I just...
Replies
Views
Hi I am passing data between 2 x 90-30 PLCs over ethernet using Global Data. This works well using Produced and Consumed data. Is there a way to...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I"m at the point in my project with RX3i controllers that I need to get comms working between two PLCs via EGD, and it's been an...
Replies
Views
Just a quick question I can't find an answer on yet. I have created my own recipe structure using a Global DB and when I came in this morning...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom