Open collector flow sensor with Zelio

I'm having a similar problem. I have a flow meter that is 24VDC that has an output for programable alarms, but the output is an open collector circuit capable of only 10mA. If I was conncetong directly to the PLC (SLC 5/04) with a 24VDC input card, I wouldn't have any issues as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, the controller is 120VAC. I haven't had much luck with getting any relays to work with this output. The closest I've came was using an optocoupler relay with the pull up resistor a 500 ohms instead of the factory recomended 2.2 K to 10 K ohm. I've contacted the manufacture of the flow meter a few months ago, but they never responded.

Similar Topics

Hi, I would like to connect an encoder to Yaskawa A1000 drive. I have a Open collector type encoder and Yaskawa need line Driver output encoder...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a 1734-ik module and trying to connect with an incremental encoder. After getting the module I realized that my encoder is open...
Replies
Views
I am using an Allen Bradley Kinetix 300 servo drive with the Safe-Off function. I would like to utilize the Status of this to verify that my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a device which provides open collector GPI outputs, and I'd like to interface the GPI outputs with 5 VDC or 12 VDC inputs on...
Replies
Views
I am trying to wire a device which has 2 separate open collector outputs that need isolated channels to function properly to a 1756-ib32 discrete...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom