MicroLogix810 Sequential Programming

PeteCoster

Hi everyone

I am very new to PLC programming and need some advice, I am trying to program the MicroLogix to run a test bed for me. The design so far consists of an on/off on I00, the rest is time controlled outputs. I need a 16 minute cycle to run continuously with this split into 4 smaller 4 minute segments for each of my outputs. Each output is to run for 1 minute, then off for 3 minutes before the next output runs.

This is accelerated testing that I am carrying out on a pump and 4 items of control equipment and so the 3 minute downtime between runs is essential.

I have a blink timer running every 4 minutes to give me an output to a sequential output block, the output block and blink timer run perfectly together. I just cannot figure out how to get from the sequential block with a useful output. Its output is shown as a word output and so was hoping to use an ANY_TO_BOOL block to activate a BOOL output and thus an off delay timer of 60s.

Can anyone help with the missing link?

Regards

Confused.com Pete

Much obliged Doug, this is the sequencer that I am using. How do I create an output from this sequencer? The help file gets me to the setup and it runs fine, I cant work out how to link from the output of this sequencer to a time off delay and then my coil output.

I've never used the 810. I just found that bit of info poking around the Rockwell site. I considered downloading the software to see how it might be done but there's that whole registration thing (n).

Sorry.