Arc Flash Single Phase

MHennel

I have an enclosure that has 24VDC in it except for a Graceport programming port mounted on the door that has a 120VAC receptacle on it for a powering a laptop with the door closed. I am trying to determine what if any effect the terminals on the back of the Graceport have to the Arc Flash category and incident boundary. The receptacle is feed from a 1kVA transformer in a separate enclosure that has a 5A circuit breaker in front of it. I can find nothing on calculating Arc Flash on a 120VAC single phase system. Does anyone have information on how to calculate the Arc Flash boundary for something like this. Until 2009 anything feed by a single transformer of less than 125kVA were not required to be evaluated for Arc Flash risk.

If the 120 volt AC terminals on the back are insulated or covered, then the Risk Category is 0. If they are exposed, it goes up to 1, depending on the type of work to be done in the area according to NFPA Table 130.7(C)(9).