Hardcopy in WinCC(rel 6.0)

Hello

I've got one small thing that's buthering me,

I'm trying to make a Hardcopy of the screen. I know there is a special function for it but I would like to put it behind a button. I think that's possible but do you know the code in VBS?

Thanks in advance Rudi

Hello Rudy;
We have found the report designerr in WinCC v. 5.0 very deficient and hard to use (to get what we want on hardcopy , compared to what WinCC wants to allow us to have). I do not know if version 6.0 has made it better. In any case, we use Hardcopy (as a TSR program)from http://www.hardcopy.de/
to get all our screenshots for our reports. It works very well with trends and configuration screens, and prints them out in the size we needed. It is also very cheap ($15.00 US).
I am sure there are other packages that do the same, but I can vouch for Hardcopy.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Daniel,

Normaly you should select Project properties and then select the TAB HotKeys. In the screen you can select Hardcopy and assign a Key combination that you want to use as a shortcut. This is the normal procedure. But as always it doesn't work (Siemens never works for the first time).
After this I discovered that I also need to select authorization for Hardcopy in the User Administration menu. But it still doesn't work.

After this I deceided perhaps I can write some VB code (new in version 6.0) and put that VB-code behind a pushbutton. But unfortunaly I don't seem to know/find that code.

The option you are offering seems to be OK but (stubborn as I am) I would like to try it like described above

Anyway thanks for your reply.

try this:

open the graphics designer, go to view toolbars and check the box next to dynamic wizard. the dynamic wizard should appear somewhere on your screen (usually on the right side). Under system functions there is a text "hardcopy" double-click it and the hardcopy wizard starts. follow the instructions it gives.

if your WinCC version doesn't have it or if it doesn't work (but it should, 'cause i've used it many times already) try this script on the events-leftclick on a button that you create:

(
WinExec("PRTSCR.EXE -hardcopy",SW_SHOWNORMAL);
)

you have to define a default printer in your computer properties for it to work.

hope this helps.