Kinetix 300 home to sensor issue

msajid

Hi,

I am trying to home the Kinetix 300 drive using the home to sensor option, but for some reason:confused: the cam always goes past the home sensor. i have tried all the home to sensor methods under the motion view software but no luck.

Please see attached file for visual.

has anybody faced this problem?

All help will be greatly appreciated

Did you put a meter between terminals 31 and 32 (Input B1) to make sure it gets the 24VDC when it hits the home switch? You can also watch Input B1 in the Monitoring window.

Actually, you will want to increase the accel and decel. Also, don't use the same velocity for fast and slow. Not sure what units you are using, but the slow speed should move it really slow. Are you seeing it reverse directions after passing the sensor?

Thanks For all the Replies Guys.. very much appreciated

I have got it working now. The terminal were ok.

@ Highland Controls.. you were right I increased the Accel/Deccel values and modified the slow speed/fast speed values and it worked. Before it went reverse after passing the sensor.

my values now are 5000 for accel/deccel and fast speed = 10 slow speed = 1

Could you please explain how the fast and slow speeds affect homing.

I had same problem on another k300 and in order to get it to work I changed the accel/deccel to 5000 FSpeed= 10 and slow speed = .01 instead of 1.. i would like to know the role of fast/slow speeds.

Thanks

Could you please explain how the fast and slow speeds affect homing.
I'm not all that familiar with the Kinetix servos so I may get some details wrong, but here's a typical homing sequence.

1. Move to the home sensor at fast homing speed. When the axis encounters the sensor, decelerate and stop.
2. Reverse direction and move at the slow homing speed until the axis clears the home sensor. Decelerate and stop. Set the current axis position value to the home position.

In your case, either the fast home speed was too fast or the deceleration rate too slow or the target for the home prox switch too small. The axis returned to the home sensor, but by the time it had come to a stop it had sailed beyond the sensor. When the axis restarted in the opposite direction, it was already clear of the home sensor so it didn't move.

2. Reverse direction and move at the slow homing speed until the axis clears the home sensor. Decelerate and stop. Set the current axis position value to the home position.
quote]

If the Home Offset is set to 0, then would it still reverse direction and clear the sensor? Thank you.

If the Home Offset is set to 0, then would it still reverse direction and clear the sensor? Thank you.
It will depend on the type of homing you have selected. If I remember correctly, "Home To Sensor, Bi-Directional" selection will reverse direction until off switch.

unsaint32;679827 If the Home Offset is set to 0 said:
I'm pretty sure the Home Offset is the position you want the servo to think it's at after the homing process completes.
You can have the servo home to the switch and then set its position to the home offset value. Just a numeric offset.

Homing position is value used to redefine the position after the homing sequence has completed. The homing offset value is an additional move after the flag seek but before the homing position is redefined.