New to OMRON/CX-programmer

amkleist

Hi all,

I've been working with Mitsubishi PLCs before. But now I'm supposed to do a project with an OMRON CS1H-H PLC.

For now I'm really just starting to make a VERY simple project, but I'm already running into problems ;)

I've attached some files/screenshots of the project to show you guys what I've done.

I've attached a CS1W-ID261 input module and a CSW-OD232 output module to the main board inserted them into the PLC IO Table in CX-Programmer. As shown in the attached file.
attachment.php

I've made a very simple code. As shown in the attached file.
attachment.php

When I chose "Work Online", I get an Non-Fatal Error (code: 0X00E7) in the Error log. As shown in the attached file.
attachment.php

Can any please let me know what I'm doing wrong here?

Further more I've set all switches of the PLC to OFF, except SW4 and SW5. I'm using an OMRON CS1W-CN626 cable to transfer to program to a memory card in the PLC. Is it correct that if I want to run the code from the memory card, I have to power off the PLC and set SW2 to ON, and then power on the PLC?

I would expect to see PIN15 of the output module to always go high and PIN0 of the output module to go high when I set PIN0 of the input module high. But that does not happen - actually the error/alarm led on the PLC is blinking :whistle:

Please let me know if you need any further details to help me out, thanks :)

Best regards!

IO_Table.JPG Section1.jpg WorkOnline_ErrorLog.jpg

It appears that the actual I/O configuration doesn't match what you have in the I/o table. You could try going online and reading the I/O table from the PLC.

It appears that the actual I/O configuration doesn't match what you have in the I/o table. You could try going online and reading the I/O table from the PLC.

Hi mendonsy, thanks for your reply.

I've done the following.

PLC->Work Online-> double click in IO Table and Unit Setup -> (in to PLC IO Table) Option -> Transfer from the PLC. Then I get this message below.
attachment.php

PLC->Work Online-> double click in IO Table and Unit Setup -> (in to PLC IO Table) Option -> Unit Profile Information. Then I get this message below.
attachment.php

Looks like they are on different slots? :unsure:

PLC_IO_Table.JPG Units_Profile_Information.JPG

You need to create the IO table.
Go Online with the processor.
Make sure it is in Stop/Program mode.

PLC->Work Online-> double click in IO Table and Unit Setup -> (in to PLC IO Table) Option -> Create

This should work. However, it may depend on what version of CX-Programmer you are using.

Also, understand that by putting the first digital I/O in slots 8 and 9, slots 0-7 would need to be special I/O modules, or you will need to manually address the modules. CS1 uses free addressing, slot location does not necessarily determine address. Please refer to the W339 manual for addressing information.

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
You need to create the IO table.
Go Online with the processor.
Make sure it is in Stop/Program mode.

PLC->Work Online-> double click in IO Table and Unit Setup -> (in to PLC IO Table) Option -> Create

This should work. However, it may depend on what version of CX-Programmer you are using.

Also, understand that by putting the first digital I/O in slots 8 and 9, slots 0-7 would need to be special I/O modules, or you will need to manually address the modules. CS1 uses free addressing, slot location does not necessarily determine address. Please refer to the W339 manual for addressing information.

Hope this will help.

Thanks for your reply! (y)

I've created the IO Table as you described - but after creating the ID and OD modules were moved down to slot 0 and 1. See picture below.
attachment.php

I tried to transfer the PLC program to the PLC but it failed. But after restarting the PLC, the PLC is running the program - pin 0.15 is always high, and pin 0.00 is high then input pin 2.00 is set high. :unsure:

PLC_IO_Table_new.JPG

Last edited:
Processor and power supply mounts on the right side of the backplane.

Slot 0 is the far left slot.

Where are the modules mounted, on the left side of the backplane or next to the processor?

Missed the last part of your previous post.
If the Run light is on, and the outputs on working as expected, your good to go.

Last edited:
Processor and power supply mounts on the right side of the backplane.

Slot 0 is the far left slot.

Where are the modules mounted, on the left side of the backplane or next to the processor?

Missed the last part of your previous post.
If the Run light is on, and the outputs on working as expected, your good to go.

Okay, thats it! The PLC and PSU are on the right side, and the ID/OD modules are on the far left.

Thanks alot.

However now I'm not able to connect to the PLC ;)

Guessing something in the Settings is not correct.
Download the W339 manual.
Section 6 explains the Dip Switch settings.

Depending on which port you are connected to, you can change the port settings with either switch 4 or 5 to default setting.
After you change the switch setting, you will need to cycle power.

This should let you connect, then review the Port settings (Tree view on left Settings, there will be a tab for Peripheral port and RS232 port) and modify the values to default. Download the settings then cycle power to the processor.

Note that when you download, you can choose what to download.
If no changes were made in the Settings area, uncheck that box before downloading.

Hope this will help.

Try the auto online button - you have changed settings somewhere along the line - auto online should pick it up.