How to make rs232 port "listen" on G308

ROAMER_AUS

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to capture data that is randomly sent by pin making device to g308. It seems like port has some buffer where it stores received data but I can't find way how to access it. If I try to use 'portinput' function continuously it slows the hmi down so much that you can barely perform other operations on it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What driver are you using?
If you are using the Raw Serial then create a program that is called in the drivers settings "On Update". It will run when data communication takes place.

What driver are you using?
If you are using the Raw Serial then create a program that is called in the drivers settings "On Update". It will run when data communication takes place.

Thanx for that, I'll give it a go. I used "on update" already, but I think I got it wrong with the program code. Will try again.

What I've done before is put this in the "On Update" field in the port settings: Data := Comms();

I then defined the program "Comms" as:
return PortInput(serialPort, 0, '\n', 500, 30);

where "serialPort" is the port number for the port.

What I've done before is put this in the "On Update" field in the port settings: Data := Comms();

I then defined the program "Comms" as:
return PortInput(serialPort, 0, '\n', 500, 30);

where "serialPort" is the port number for the port.

Yeah, I think that's where I went wrong, with my start code.