Retrieve and export alarms from FactoryTalk SE SQL server alarm history database

minaykha

Can anyone advise ?

1. I want to retrieve previous alarms and export alarms in excel file so that i can know alarms' date/time, alarm state, etc..
I am using Factory Talk SE(ver.7) alarm log viewer and SQL server express(2008) as alarm data base.

2. I used Key up/down button in Alarm Log viewer display, but i could not make it work. Any suggestion ? Pls refer to attachment pix.

Alarm Log Viewer.jpg

Set up an ODBC connection to your database.

In Excel you can connect to the database using ODBC to get data from any table you want. My Excel isn't in English (don't ask) but you should have a data tab and under that a selection for something like "other data sources." From there it's just fill in the blank. Pick the data source, provide the password, and pick the table(s) you want.

Good luck,

Yosi

Thank alot Yosi.

That is great, i could manage to import alarms in excel file from database.
But, there is no solution for my question no.2. Up/Dwn key function work in ME but not in SE.