Downgrde my source firmware

aboozar

Hello.
As a newcomer in AB world I have installed RSLogix5000 and could stablish a basic connection but when I tried Uploading or going online a dialog is opened showing that my software firmware is V17 while the firmware on PLC is 16.xx so the only way to connect is updating its firmware. Noting that I do not have the program and the customer has lost the source code(the reason upload is needed) it is not possible for me because the source code is deleted by firmware upgrade.
What should I do? I want to downgrade my laptop to match the PLC!

You can add v16 support to your existing installation. If you have access to the installation DVD, insert it and you can add version 16 and other versions as needed. It is not necessary to uninstall v17.

If you have a Tech Connect contract with Rockwell you can access and download the software directly from their web site.

OG

In the compact source I had V16 was not available but a V19 CD is supplied now and I will do that.
Thanks for the practical reply.

Please note that while it is legal and good to give advice and correspondence to our brothers in the Islamic Republic of Iran, the person or organization who exported the hardware, firmware, and software committed a felony violation of Federal law and an important violation of UN sanctions.

I look forward to the day when it is not so. That is not today.

Thanks for technical advice which helped me so much. I am connected now.

For the above mentioned political issue: This package was bought legally via legal third party foreign companies with legal software included some years ago.