Fountain dance- Caveman

dandrade

I read this post By Caveman

I interested for about, and uncover a Brazilian manufacturer of springs,fountain.That interested for the system the style on the spring. I want to know better what is necessary, stuff, etc etc
THE manufacturer of fountain, requested a presentation. I trink beyond panel, programming,
What more MYSELF can supply in material of automation??? That special stuff, he is necessary?

I expect support, therefore he will have success, I repay the pictures of the future project.

Jumping water

I have made a "jumping water" fountain. Most of the parts can be purchase at the local hardware store. One of the keys to it working is that you never turn the water off you just divert it. I did this with an air cylinder and a flat blade attached. When you want the water to "jump" retract the balde for a moment. I will try and get pictures of my home made "jumping water" valve.

Thanks,
Bob O.

Re: Jumping water

Bob O said:
II will try and get pictures of my home made "jumping water" valve.

Yes, please do, Bob!... (y)

I wonder what happened to caveman? Perhaps his last water project flooded the cave?... :p

beerchug

-Eric

Prototype Valve

This was [need to glue my inlet] a working prototype valve. Its trajectory was about 10' in length and 4' height at about 7 psi. I thought it had a real nice look for bing outside with very little wind. More pics to come.

Bob

mvc-001f.jpg

Inside

Inside I have a chunk of open cell foam to slow the water down and very fine mesh stainless steel screen on top. I could tell the diff. with and withouty the screen. The water trajectory look crisper with the screen. More pics to come.

Bob

mvc-003f.jpg

Exit

I drilled a through hole and then counter sink. Notice the counter sink is going towards the inside leaving a sharp edged orifice.

Bob

Sorry folks, but I've been very busy cleaning up at the
farm and getting it ready for us. We are STILL waiting on
county water. gotta go honey needs to use the phone.

The images is interesting, but not the proportion of the object.

Still, I remain in doubts. That stuff is necessary, special should have for carry out.

The Counter sink makes the Slug of Water come out in a straighter line?
It seems like the Counter sink is upside down.

cap.jpg

gbradley,

I never did try the counter sink the other way. I thought that this would produce fewer disturbances in the stream because I didn't have to deal with the machine marks left by the counter sink that was in the battery power hand drill :) . With the counter sink in its present direction, the diameter of the water jet is smaller then it would be if it had a chamfered lead in which to me wasn’t an issue me. If I do test again, I will try since you asked.

Thanks,
Bob

Caveman said:
Sorry folks, but I've been very busy cleaning up at the
farm and getting it ready for us. We are STILL waiting on
county water. gotta go honey needs to use the phone.

Good to see you're still hanging around... :cool:

Now we just gotta figure out where ol' Pierre's been hidin'... :unsure:

beerchug

-Eric

Oh, and thanks for the pictures, Bob!... (y)

Images: Looks gigantic, do not I perceive the proportion of the object.

He expected details. Pieces, special components needs.Of beginning, I will inform that myseft can supply projects for sequences of spurts.I imagine, what would be necessary for companhar tones of to music.
From here 6hs, I will communicate with the manufacturer of fountain, would be good have details for convicimento of a best spectacle.

The PVC tube is 4" diameter and about 8" long. I will measure tonite and let you know. **I just picked a size and started building so there is nothing special about it** The foam is just open cell foam and the screen is fine mesh stainless steel. I purchased both items from McMaster-Carr for about $15 total. This just a crude looking prototype that worked good. If I were to build and install I would use Stainless Steel more for looks then anything. The reason I haven't installed was all the supply/return lines, pumps and air lines that I would need. My landscaping is complete other then the pond.
I will see if I can look up the part numbers I ordered and let you know. Anything else I can do, let me know.

Thanks,
Bob