Problem with Float type rounding to Integers

freddyrm

Hello, I have a (hope) simple problem with Logix500 (PLC is emulated with Emulate500) interacting with a VB6 program.
When I write in a Float data file a number with any decimal, it is rounded to an integer. Even if I edit the data file manually it rounds it every time.

It's me forgetting something or what? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I have a (hope) simple problem with Logix500 (PLC is emulated with Emulate500) interacting with a VB6 program.
When I write in a Float data file a number with any decimal, it is rounded to an integer. Even if I edit the data file manually it rounds it every time.

It's me forgetting something or what? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

What are you using for communication between VB6 and the Emulate500?
RSLinx?

F8:0 ,F8:1,F8:2 I'm trying to write a number like xx.x which is supposed to be a temperature in C° when used in VB6

The PDF is referring to the possible differences between the PLC's CPU and the computer's CPU running the RSEmulate software.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but it may be.

CPUs.png

The PDF is referring to the possible differences between the PLC's CPU and the computer's CPU running the RSEmulate software.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but it may be.

Oh ok, i read that wrong.

That means we will never know => workaround :D

Thanks!