1756-DHRIO Status

Oceansoul

Hi,

I am setting up a 1756 DHRIO to ethernet bridge. The systems engineer has asked that i install a processor to read back status information from the DH+ network/card.

I personally have never used a gateway in one of these bridges before and dont really see the point but its what they want.

I have set up a GSV for the DHRIO module bringing back the majorFaultBits which i am getting some bits back as true but i have no idea what any of them mean.

I have looked in the module manual and elsewhere online but i cant see any info about using GSV with 1756 DHRIO.

I have setup and sold about 50 of these... that said I have never setup a GSV or put in a processor, maybe because I nave had errors before??

What errors are you getting? or is it just data you are getting back, where are the errors coming from the RIO or the DH+ ?

This is a new setup, where the systems engineer doesnt like the idea of just having ethernet and DHRIO cards, with out being able to monitor the status into the SCADA system. Hence the processor.

Unfortunatly he doesnt know what data he actually wants, just things like, DHRIO module status (we actually have 3 DHRIO modules).

I set up a GSV to each of these modules and i am reading the attribute FaultCode into a DINT. This is giving me a value of 65280, bits 8 thru 15 are set to 1. I dont know how to interpret these bits.

Or what other info can i read using the GSV? I think the system engineer just got worried that we will be losing a battery healthy and system running bits to SCADA (this is replacing a Pyramid integrator used as a DH+ to ethernet gateway).

I think you could read ModuleStatus and easily find documentation on how to break down the results. Not sure if you can read the bits for each node present, that is what I normally did in the PLC-5 days for HMI monitoring: RIO status by rack, and DH+ active node tables.

I have tried looking for any of the documentation relating to modulestatus and faultstatus but can't find anything. I have however found some technotes for getting some details and stats using CIP MSG to the DARIO cards.