Can't open hardware config

ebooker

Hello: I am using versapro software, and latley I have been getting a message saying that the hardware configuration could not be created. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried different versions as well, also tried changing the read only setting on the folder which gave me a bunch of sharing errors. Is there anything I can check? Thanks for your time!

Is the problem that you can't access the configuration for one particular folder, or can you not launch the hardware configuration application for any folder?

Not being able to open configuration for one existing folder implies a corrupted file or files within the folder.

Not being able to ever open hardware configuration implies insufficient resources, a bad installation, or OS/software version imcompatibility.

If you're not sure whether your problem is folder-specific or generic, try creating a new (blank) folder and see if you can open hardware configuration for it.

If the problem turns out to be an issue of compatibility between VP and your computer, I'd suggest getting the distributor from whom you bought the software involved in getting it resolved.

It does it for all the folders I had and ones I have created, I forgot to mention that, I have posted on GE's site hoping I would get a bite for the past week, before I pursued further, thanks again for your time!

My guess is that you have been using Versapro for a while and a shared file got replaced by a different version from another sofware install. Major PIA, but you might have to uninstall Versapro, and all shared files, and reinstall. This is wrought with danger since the version of the shared file that Versapro will install might not be compatable with the conflicting software.

Personally I would contact GE support directly and ask if they know of any problems of this sort. Maybe there's a patch.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Zip up one of the folders that is giving you trouble and attach it to a post here. I'll see if I can access it with Versa Pro on my computer. If I can, that will mean that you have a corrupted installation. Have you tried installing VP on a different computer? Did you uninstall VP before trying to reinstall?

I uninstalled it and deleted the folders out of the Prgram folder and then reinstalled. It now works! Then It would not connect to a plc neither through com or network. Reinstalled again, and I can connect via the network only. that is good enough for me now, I'll settle. Thaks for all your help!