5/04 Digi One IAP HMI

VJTX

Can the 5/04 thru the DF1 to Digi One IAP connect to an E-switch and then to 2 Red Lion G307K2 HMIs on ethernet? Would I setup 5/04 as slave?
thanks.

Leave the SLC-5/04's serial port set for the default settings: DF1 Full Duplex protocol, 19200 baud, 8/N/1 framing, CRC error checking.

Set up the Digi One IAP's serial port for the same settings.

In the Red Lion, treat the Digi One IAP as though it was a MicroLogix 1100.

The Digi One IAP will take the EtherNet/IP packets requesting read/writes from the SLC data tables and convert them into DF1 Full Duplex, and do the same with the replies from the SLC.

That ought to do the trick !

I will try that. Can I use a 1747-cp3 cable between 5/04 and IAP?
I am not sure. Most likely, it will or it will with a null modem added at the PC end. I always got by with a simple 3 wire (tx, rx, gnd) handmade cable. The Digi device discovery should let you connect your browser to the new device so you can select the DF1 protocol for it. The default user and password is in the instructions.

It came with a cable, looks like the right one, ohms out to match the cable I mentioned. thanks.