Mini PLC/2 question: power up without chassis

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
1772-LXP Mini PLC/2. Power supply is built into the CPU module.

Can this be powered up without a chassis to preload a program?

Has anyone every tried this? It would be nice to preload this. It could save us a field trip. We have a PLC/5 chassis but we would have to take it offline if the chassis is required.

Yes. No problem. Used to work that way all of the time. Ditto for the old Modicons with the built-in PS.

Good luck,

Yosi

Should work as I have had several plc-2 mini racks that we converted to plc -5 and you have to remove that rack mounted supply and use a slot mounted supply to make the PLC-5 fit.

Similar Topics

Anyone used an EZ Automation plc/hmi? I'd like to utilize the RTC and need assistance on how to use it in the ladder logic.
Replies
Views
Mini PLC Specifications: 12 Digital Input 7 Relay Digital Output 8 Analog Input 1 RS232 to USB Port Mini PLC Contents: Control board + USB cable...
Replies
Views
I have been tasked with a job to count the number of people in a site basement and display this information to the sites control room. Currently...
Replies
Views
I have a home automation project and am trying to pick a mini (low budget) PLC. What I need: 3 analog inputs and 1 digital input 1 analog output 2...
Replies
Views
I have a really old machine that was donated to my company. The PLC is one of the oldest ones I have ever seen. It is a "mini"<-yeah right, 2/15...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom