Crimson3 logs and CSDIO14 sts led

SaDupp

Hey guys, I noticed for 3-4 days that I cant find my logs folder who supposed to be in the removable disk. I didn't change anything of my Data Logger in crimson3 and 2 weeks ago i could find in the logs folder all my data folder and the Secure folder. Now, nothing... when i open the removable disk the folder is empty and i try to fix it with crimson3 but i cant find what i did or not did yet. So i need your help. (I use a USB cable and when i send the database to the master everything works. I don't use any display, my program is simple and i just need the data from my machines(running time) so the communication pane is empty as the network pane because i use the usb cable) I'm new with PLC and API stuff I'm still a student in engineering so any help is welcome.

Secondly, I have a led flashing really fast (faster then when it boot) on my CSDOI14. I tried to format the flash card, to send data base without the red part of the module and turn off the power... but nothing works. So if anyone knows how to get a solid green led any hints will be appreciate. (maybe the module is busted i dont know)

Thanks for your time guys

here's my file if its easier for you to help me

Sam
Industrial Engineering Student

Rapid flash means "checking compact flash" - see attached image.

Power down, pull flash and power up. Does everything boot ok?

Flash Card may have gotten corrupted. I would format with Windows on external reader. Place in Redlion unit, power up and then connect with Crimson and run Crimson's Format Flash.
if you can't see your data in an external reader most likely your data is gone.

Do you have a Windows application trying to read from the card periodically? I have had this happen before with a USB cable connected to a PC and Windows took control of the card and had it locked at the same time the Redlion unit was wanting to log.

If you want your data backing itself up the "ftp Sync" option may be worth looking in to. I use it on older units that can't log to SQL. File too big to attach - here is link http://www.redlion.net/g3features/pdfs/TU012 - FTP Synchronization.pdf

CF Card.PNG

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly the red flashing led still there. I tried to send a basic database ... 1 tag ( Tag1 = 7 ) and the sts still flashing. It's weird cause it's flashing red but i can see the green solid led ON too. I dont know what to do about that. I cant see if my program works ...

So the status light is flashing not the CF Card light.
Rapid flashing means stuck running boot loader. Are you sure it is not multi-blink with pauses (see attached)?

I would download a blank project via Link -> Send (Shift F9) over serial. Reboot without CF Card and see if the unit boots OK. If ok then something in database messing things up.

If not, Are you getting an error when downloading? You may need to update the boot code via batch file.

Probably already have it but here is link to manual for CSMSTRGT
http://www.redlion.net/Products/Groups/ModularControllerMaster/CSMSTRLE/SX/GT/Docs/05033.pdf

Status.jpg

There is no pause and its not the Master STS whos flashing. Master is solid green only the CSDIO14 is flashing red with a solid green. I'll tried what you said thanks though

Well i tried this, still the same led flashing, i tried to take a video while rebooting but i cannot attach it cause its too big.

here's my file with some modifications i still think maybe my modules are busted or something even when the CF is format, or there is no CF the led still flashing. I think the master connections are good too black wire in DC to Comm, Red wire in +24 to +24 ... and for the power supply, the black wire in L(+) and the white one in N(-). the connection was already made when i started working on that project. Maybe something is wrong but i couldnt tell.

thanks