Dh+ A/b Panel View Pass Through Link

KEN_KACEL

The system keeps growing and they want more . There is RIO panel views, Control logix 5000 Ethernet with DH+ cards, Profibus : ASI I/O,DP/PA devices, Stahl IS I/O, 4 slc5/04s and an arm ful of PanelViews.

========

Question :
How do I get the DH+ PanelViews to talk to other PLCs on the other side of the ControlLogix5000 gateway?

More detail: There are 3 1776-dh+ circuits each has one or more PanelViews and one or more PLCs on each DH+ circuit. I would like the DH+ PanelView to communicate with the PLC on its DH+ circuit and also go through the the 1776 backplane and gateway to another PLC on a different DH+ circuit and maybe at a different baud rate.

note: the contrologix5000 rack was installed due to the number of devices on the main DH+ circuit after the 230k baud speed up failed to cure the slow throughput. (it does not have infinite device capability , but it does smell of dinisour dung petrifying)

note: The 1776 Enet card was a benny to get the RSLinx and RSsql to the LAN. If the PanelView Enet would talk through the gateway (Enet to DH+) I would replace the PanelViews with Enet PVs.Is this the case?

note: The OPC/DDE works great through the gateway DH+toDH+ or Enet to DH+. I wish A/B would grow up thier panel views. There is the option to throw out the A/B pvs and replace with another HMI.