1769-L32E Compact Flash CF Card

bradal

Hey guys,

I'm hoping Ken can help me out again.

I have seearched numerous pages but cannot find a definitive answer.

As I am sure your are aware finding a 128MB CF card at the local electronics store is not happening.

Is it possible for:

1. Use a generic CF card in the 1769-L32E?

2. Use a card that is 4GB or larger, if not what is the maximum size? I saw some notes that FAT16 will not allow over the 1GB mark.

Thanks!

I have a customer who I program for and they use L32Es with a Compact Flash card to Load programs with. They sell a lot of these machines so they must be getting these CF cards from somewhere. I'll be there tomorrow so if I can break away I'll take a look and see what size they're using.

Use AB's compactflash card. They are small (size) and way overpriced but they work every time. We went the route of trying to use aftermarket ones and they were hit and miss. You could get two that appeared to be identical and one would work in the processor and the other wouldn't. We eventually stopped fighting it and went back to the AB cards.

1784-CF64 or CF128

64 mb

64MB is all the L32e can handle, I have used a CISCO CF cards several times (mainly because I had them laying around) on random Compactlogix they seem to work just fine.