How to test 125V DC motor?

MrQ

Hello,

We have a customer that need to test a 125V 130Ampere motor.

The motor comes with a control cabinet so we "only" need to find a way to provide 125 V DC 130 Amperes.

Anyonehave any ideas that does not involve ordering an expensive custom made transformer?

And since we are in Europe we have 230/400V AC and not 127V AC that we could just recitify...

10 car batteries in series/temporarily rob them from a forklift truck ?

Last edited:
talk to a battery power supplier like the ones in forklifts etc.
mind your back as it is 16 kW.
In an electric car this type of power is used.

You only need 130amps if you intend to test the motor at full load. And you only need 125VDC if you intend to test the motor at full speed.

If you take a 400/230 Transformer, and one 400/230 Oops thats two.
now the first one transforms it down to 230 three phase and the second transforms it down to 132 Volts RMS so peak is 185 volts, so what is max input of the control?
if you can switch the transformer from delta to star one is enough.
another way is to use a autotransformer (like a old starter with shorted windings. (however you have to watch the heatup as these transformers are active only few minutes with high inertia motors.(a merry go round)
obvious you will need some rectifiers , but they are cheap, and maybe in controller present.