Pabel View plus 400

Kristian

Hi I have a aplication to download to panle view 400, the aplication works very well on my computer, with FTV Machine, i can read and write the values, with no problem just in my computer.

When I donwload to the PV plus terminal, I have allways problems with communication, there is no comunitacion between panel view and micrologix 1200.

I don't understand why if my aplication works on the pc should be works on the terminal.

I tried to set autoconfiguration yes and no, port settings tried com1, com2, com3, in comunications, but nothing, any advice? thanks...

Go into your RSLinx Enterprise Configuration in FactoryTalk View ME. On the right section, there are two tabs: Design and Runtime. Are the Design and Runtime setups identical? If not, they need to be. On the Design tab there is a "Copy settings from Design to runtime" button. Click that, and make sure to press the "OK" button at the bottom. When you transfer your project, make sure "Replace Communications" Is checked and if it prompts you to replace the communication settings in the terminal, click "Yes."

Whenever I've run into this problem before it was because the Design (what FactoryTalk View Studio uses) and Runtime (what the Panelview Plus FTView ME Runtime is set to) communications setups are different.

Last edited:
Go into your RSLinx Enterprise Configuration in FactoryTalk View ME. On the right section, there are two tabs: Design and Runtime. Are the Design and Runtime setups identical? If not, they need to be. On the Design tab there is a "Copy settings from Design to runtime" button. Click that, and make sure to press the "OK" button at the bottom. When you transfer your project, make sure "Replace Communications" Is checked and if it prompts you to replace the communication settings in the terminal, click "Yes."

Whenever I've run into this problem before it was because the Design (what FactoryTalk View Studio uses) and Runtime (what the Panelview Plus FTView ME Runtime is set to) communications setups are different.

I've also run into an issue where I forgot to delete the opc server before creating my runtime file....

Which Cable are you using to communicate between the PVP 400 and the Micrologix 1200?

you should be using one of these 2711-NC21, 2711-NC22 or a 1761-CBL-PM02 (with null modem adapter),2711-CBL-PM05 (with null modem adapter)

Thanks... but for me Doesn't works :(,
"Copy settings from Design to runtime"
Replace Communications" Is checked and Yes

but still having the same problem

Which Cable are you using to communicate between the PVP 400 and the Micrologix 1200?

you should be using one of these 2711-NC21, 2711-NC22 or a 1761-CBL-PM02 (with null modem adapter),2711-CBL-PM05 (with null modem adapter)

Hi, i'm using the same cable that use to connect the pc with plc, and the plc and pc with FTV works fine.

PC to micrologix 1200 cable will not work on micrologix 1200 to PVP400 without null modem adapter or you can use the 2711-NC21 cable with micrologix 1200 to PVP 400

PC to micrologix 1200 cable will not work on micrologix 1200 to PVP400 without null modem adapter or you can use the 2711-NC21 cable with micrologix 1200 to PVP 400

Get it! i was wrong I was using 1761-CBL-PM02 Series C (or equivalent), 2 pin change, I'll change rigth now, thanks.

micro.jpg