unable to verify settings due to packet timeout! Check all cables and configuration a

mattbdb

I am trying to configure RS Linx to talk to a Micrologix 1200. The micrologix was connected to a panelview so I took out its RS-232 cable and connected the PLC with my laptop. Now when I try and set up a driver and auto-configure it, it says "unable to verify settings due to packet timeout! Check all cables and configuration and try again". Anyone have any ideas of what causes this? Please advise.

Matt

PanelView RS-232 ports have a different pinout than your laptop. The PanelView is "DCE" type, and the laptop is "DTE" type.

Try sticking a null-modem adapter in series with that serial cable.

Similar Topics

When I try to connect my SLC 500 to my deskptop it tells me "unable to verify settings due to packet timeout" I already bought a null modem cable...
Replies
Views
I am running CCW 13 trying to upload to a micro 820 vers.12 I get an output message OPC server is unable to load project controller. Please help!
Replies
Views
I've posted this on the ptc forum as well, but no luck with an answer (waiting for my service contract number) I keep getting the following error...
Replies
Views
I have just installed Studio 5000 V30.11 on my Windows 11 Pro machine. First I had an "Invalid Pointer" error that required me to update Factory...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of my customers has an old fabric tensile testing machine. The IC # AD7501KN of its controller has malfunctioned. This IC is related to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom