RSLinx Enterprise problems over VPN

alexk5493

Hello,

I am new on here, but I am having some problems downloading to a customers HMI over VPN. I am trying to use the factorytalk transfer utility to download to a panelview plus compact 600. The problem is RSlinx enterprise can't find the panelview. It finds other things on the network like the PLC, but not the HMI. I can ping it and RSLinx Classic can find it. So why can't RSlinx enterprise find it?

As you said, the VPN. I have had similar issues with VPN and devices not appearing.

Usually if I manually enter the device into my RSLinx Enterprise Communications Setup in FT Studio then I am able to communicate. The VPN connection prevented me from discovering the device, but once it was manually entered I could communicate just fine.

OG