Panelview plus 6 causes problems in rslinx??

JoeTech

I have a new 10" PVP6 installed on our DH+ network (replaced legacy PV 1000). Since installing when I connect to the PLC with RSLinx (REV 3.60.00 CPR 9 SR 6) using RS500 (9.00.00 (CPR 9)) after a certain amount of time the spinning ladder in RS500 stops spinning and it does not update any information. I then have to go offline then back online and they update again for awhile until I have to repeat the process.

I am connecting via wireless through a 1756 ENBT/a to a 1756 DHRIO/b.

I have increased the update time on the Alarms (the only update time I could find) and this had no change. When I remove power from the PVP6 I have no problems with RS500 updating the data tables.

This only affects the PLC the PVP6 communicates with. There are 9 PLC's (all SLC 5/04), three PV550's and the one PVP6 on the DH network.

Any Ideas??

Forgot to add there is a computer using Ifix to get data from same PLC

Last edited:
Sounds like the DH+ network is getting bogged down with traffic. I had a similar issue before we upgraded to Ethernet across all devices. Have you tried slowing down the refresh rate of each display the pvp6? That helped get us by until we upgraded to Ethernet.

You say you cannot find any update settings. You can change the update rate on each display page. To change the update rate of the display pages open any display page and right click on it. This opens the Display Settings. At the bottom of the General tab you will see the Maximum Tag Update Rate. Here you can lower the Tag refresh rate of the Tags on that display. This may help reduce your network load.

I have a new 10" PVP6 installed on our DH+ network (replaced legacy PV 1000). Since installing when I connect to the PLC with RSLinx (REV 3.60.00 CPR 9 SR 6) using RS500 (9.00.00 (CPR 9)) after a certain amount of time the spinning ladder in RS500 stops spinning and it does not update any information. I then have to go offline then back online and they update again for awhile until I have to repeat the process.

I am connecting via wireless through a 1756 ENBT/a to a 1756 DHRIO/b.

I have increased the update time on the Alarms (the only update time I could find) and this had no change. When I remove power from the PVP6 I have no problems with RS500 updating the data tables.

This only affects the PLC the PVP6 communicates with. There are 9 PLC's (all SLC 5/04), three PV550's and the one PVP6 on the DH network.

Any Ideas??

Forgot to add there is a computer using Ifix to get data from same PLC
It would seem that this is not a PV issue but rather a Laptop or RS software issue. On a second laptop running older versions of RS500 and RSLinx in a virtual Win XP environment it does not have this problem...... now I am really perplexed.

Anyone?

blow away the harmony files.
never hurts, has often fixed rslinx issues for me...

Someone with good programming skills should create a "RSLinx Universal DeHarmonizer Tool" ... Play segments from the retroencabulator classic while performing the installation of this utility which is made longer than necessary in duration to get a few good laughs...

Last edited: