PV Plus 6 to SLC 5/04

ldrewes

I was wondering if anyone here could give me a hand. I have a PV plus 6 1250 with the standard Ethernet communications that is going to replace an older PV plus that currently uses DH+ comms to communicate with a SLC 5/04. I know that FT studio with RSlinx enterprise will not allow to drill down to the datatable of the SLC in the DH+ network. I've looked through the forums and online and it seems the easiest way to make this work is to purchase a 2711P-RN6 DH+ module for the panelview. Is this still the case or is there a more recent development that can make this possible with the hardware i currently have? We also already have a functioning control logix Ethernet to DH+ bridge so i do have access to the DH+ network through ethernet currently...its just that linx enterprise does not allow that.
Thanks in advance for any comments/help!

You can bridge through the ethernet, but you'll have to rewrite all the tag connections manually to accomplish that. I've done it before, don't remember if I have that project kicking around still though..

Edit:
Now that I think about this, I may have done something differently(I had a contrologix in the mix)... So take the above with a large grain of sand...

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Dravik. We currently have an Ethernet bridge but i'm not sure how I would address the connections manually in FT studio. And even if that was the case, that would be a lot of connections to manually address. Especially if buying the DH+ module would make all that unnecessary. So here is another question for everyone. If I were to install the DH+ module still how would I address the connections in FT studio since it does not allow DH+ connections in linx enterprise? Would I have to manually add the devices in the communications setup?