plc2 not starting

drewcrew6

Okay I have a plc2/16 w/ power supply with a secondary supply. I believe I need to change the proc. but I don't have much experience with the 2's let alone the parallel supplies.

On the proc on power up the p/s light flashes briefly then stays out.
On the second p/s same thing ,now if I disconnect the link between the 2 power supplys the stand alone fires sight up and away the system goes until I attempt to plug the link back in and I lose both supplies again. Just to eliminate some stabs at this- yes both of the supplies switches are on ,both have good fuses and are getting their 120vac.

What does the linking cable do on the system. does it "synchronise" the supplies resulting in shutdown from the secondary due to the other(in the proc) being shot?

A little history- About 3 weeks ago the proc lost its prog and I had to reload, At that time I know I had both supply lights lit but had to disconnect the link to get them each to come up.

Thanks
Drewcrew6

Can you get the second supply to stand on its own?

If so, can you apply a small load to it and still have it stand?

Right off the bat, it sounds like P/S #2 is pulling down P/S #1.

Since they are in parallel, if either goes to ground, both go to ground.

Right now i have the system running off of the second supply with power to both ps's and the parrallel link removed. as soon as the link is installed it kills the second supply. the supply on the proc never stays on.

Thanks
Drewcrew6