Weintek Easybuilder HMI Touchscreen via 32bit Modbus over Ethernet

MassNerderer

I am currently building an HMI to interface via modbus to a controller. I use Weintek Labs Easybuilder Pro for the development platform.

Currently, I can test an off-line form for all functionality, however, clearly I am not configuring the communications correctly.

The players involved are as follows:

PLC: 192.l68.1.201
HMI Touchscreen: 192.168.1.101
Development PC(as HMI during testing): 192.168.1.101(testing local)

The configuration of the controller consists of a few options:

Location: Local/Remote(Remote only for HMI->HMI->PLC comms according the software.)

PLC Type: Modbus TCP/IP

PLC I/F: Ethernet

IP: 192.168.1.201

PLC Default Station: 1(Local PLC connection was created as Station 1)

As of now, what I find is that I can ping the networked computer. I can telnet to the specified port for comms(502). Whenever I attempt an on-line simulation, and I get "PLC no response", and all numeric displays and sliders disappear. I can use a Modbus Viewer program, and read registers from the PLC.

If you have experience with this type of issue, please feel free to prod me for anything to help me get this issue resolved.

Thanks!