Linear motor for forming machine

ramah

Hi
I’m looking for a linear servo motor for metal forming applications. We already were using a forming machine driven by a high performance (High speed, High precision) linear servo motor from MOOG (Maximum force: 5KN) and it was used for the main slide in the application. The engine was controlled by a ULTRA5000 single-axis servo drive.

An ejection system actuated by pneumatic cylinders and a feed drive (SMAC servo motor) actuated by another linear servo motor were connected to the Ultra5000 through digital and analog I/O capability. Therefore, the machine consists of a main slide, ejection system and a feed drive. For the previous application, the machine worked with a production rate of 200 strokes per minute for a displacement of 10 mm while applying 5 KN force to the main slide.

The engine jammed and stopped to work a month ago. For the new applications, we want to upgrade the machine to higher force capacity (from 50 KN up to 150 KN) while minimizing the costs by reducing the change of the current devices when we have limited money resource for doing this! The higher force and speed are important factors in the new applications.
I’m asking if anyone has any recommendation for the new system regarding the linear motor.

Best
Rasoul

Wow you want a vibrator with 4 Hz and a force of 150 kN, that is real massive speed.
I think you are better of with redesigning the forceapplication, as above would mean BIG motor around 300 kW.

Yes, you are right. But you took the highest force.
I know some companies that offer forming machines with a force of 150 KN at maximum, 100 KN at 100% duty cycle, ram stroke of 500 mm and the speed of 100 mm/s.

The force is dependent on the acceleration and the acceleration also depends on the displacement, stroke rate and dwell time and they need to be balanced.

I'm asking if someone knows a kind of linear motor suitable for forming technology and campatible with the ULTRA5000 with higher force (let's reduce the requirements to 50KN for a relief ). If not, I would be pleased if you recommend a linear motor and a controller that are user-friendly for tunning and to capture data on displacement and force to be read and stored at very accurate time intervals (1 ms) while motion commands are being executed.

Rasoul

Thank you Peter. I could find some hydraulic servo motors, but they are just motors and still the specifications for the whole system are missing. Anyone could provide more information on these kind of circuits?
I want to know the elements of the system in order to find an estimation for the manufacturing cost of the new machine.

for hydraulic system talk to bosch rexroth in boxtel (holland)
I have made a jackup system working in mm stroke is 1500 mm and the force is 1500 kN, with only a small pump, as it has accumulator.
the real force is only needed very small time.