Cannot Restore a FTV runtime file

PLCharlie

I have two presses with identical PV+ HMI's. The version is 6.1. I can upload the applications just fine but when I attempt to restore the runtime application I get the following:

Unable to load ActiveX Control for display Screen021_Maintenance. cause: ME Program Launcher: Newer file version of ActiveX Control required.

I understand what the problem is but the message is so nonspecific that I am a little stuck. I haven't found any updates on the Rockwell website. Has anyone else encountered this?

I believe it refers to the fact, that someone used an ActiveX control on one of the screens. The version on the machine that your restoring it to, has an older version of that control. That's why I hate ActiveX controls. TrendX is an ActiveX control provided by Rockwell as an example.

If you can open the application and check what kind of controls you have on Screen021_Maintenance you should be able to at least identify the activeX control being used.

I have seen that error for Cognex Camera's if using the DisplayControl Window. It will show you what the camera see's and allow to see the job file running on the camera from your HMI. I have not seen the restore issue but I did have simalar errors reported when I loaded .mer on a machine with a different version of Insight Explorer than was on the development PC. In my case the developer PC was running Version 4.3 and the application PC had 4.7 I upgraded Developer PC to Insight Explorer 4.7 created a new .mer and all was good.