Establishing communication between PanelView Plus 1500 and ControlLogix 1756-L71

zolofy

Hello all,

May I know how to configure and establish communication between PanelView Plus 1500 with ControlLogix 1756-L71?

Network.png

Figure above showed on how I connecting all my devices.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum !

Are you familiar with the basics of Ethernet and TCP/IP communication ?

The PanelView Plus terminal requires you to configure the IP address of the terminal using the configuration menus.

The 1756-ENBT Ethernet module requires you to use the RSLinx Classic software tool to configure its IP address, or to use the BOOTP/DHCP utility included with RSLinx Classic.

Once you have the basic TCP/IP connectivity for your laptop, the PanelView Plus, and the ControlLogix Ethernet module sorted out, you can move on to configuring RSLinx Enterprise software so that your development PC running FactoryTalk View Studio and the PanelView Plus can communicate with the controller.

RA includes the "RSLinx Enterprise Getting Results Guide" with the installation of FactoryTalk View Studio, or you can download it at no charge from Rockwell Automation's literature library:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/lnxent-gr001_-en-e.pdf

I would also say that I've found the bootp/dhcp utility to be a little difficult at times, even when I'm performing the process exactly the same as always. If it doesn't work the first time, power cycle and repeat.