RSlinx Keeps Dialing Out

theutinck

Hi Everyone,

I'm creating a FactoryTalk Veiw application with multiple dial up sites. the customer want to dial in periodically to see what's going on. my problem is RSlinx keeps dialing out to the first site regardless of what I do.

I have disabled the node for all sites, and issue the appabort command for rslinx but it just restarts after a few seconds and redails.

any help is appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I assume you are using the DF1 Polling Master Driver?

Here's a link to the setup for multiple remote modems from RSLinx...

5693 - Configuring DF1 Polling Master for Multiple Remote Stations via Dialup Modems
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Sorry, no I am probably doing this the hard way. I am using different DDE servers in FactoryTalk. each dde topic in RSlinx is attached to separate RS232-DF1 drivers that use the same modem. their start type is set to on demand. when the project starts up all the nodes are disabled. when a user opens the display of a site, they hit the start communications button and the node is enabled and RSlinx is started and then dials out. when thet are done with the site, they hit the main menu button which disables the node, shuts down RSlinx with the appabort command and then returns to the main menu, allowing them to select another site.

The problem is that even on the main menu, after a few seconds RSlinx starts again and begins to dial out. RSLinx is not set to run as a service.

Hi All,

Update. the DF1 Polling Master looks as if it will do the trick. the issue I have is tat as soon as RSlinx starts it automatically dials out the first station configured in the Polling master. even without the FactoryTalk project loaded. Any Ideas on how to stop this?

Any Ideas on how to stop this?
Explain to your customer how with this remote dial-up capability, his PLCs can be hacked and infected with viruses and worms, allowing some other person to take control of his factory and do lots of damage to the equipment.

An evaluation should be made, comparing the value of the instant information "to see what is going on" as opposed to the possible losses if someone breaks into the PLC programs, as happened with the Stuxnet worm, and as happened with several US electrical power plants.

Last edited: