panelview display lags PLC execution

realolman

I know that the display does not refresh as fast as the PLC executes , but I have a Compact Logix L16ER and a PanelViewPlus 600 , and it seems to me that the display is particularly slow and behind the PLC execution

... I would like to let the user know that the program is doing something when he hits a button, but it's usually long over before the display updates... I would say 3 -4 seconds

Is there any setting to speed it up
thank you

In FactoryTalk View ME, the update rate of each Display is configured individually.

The default is 1 second, which can look more like two seconds depending on when in the 1 second interval your actual event happens.

I usually set up my FactoryTalk View ME screens for 250 millisecond updates unless they are a slow trend.

So this would be in the properties or something similar of each "screen" or where do you set this? FT ME

thank you

Right Click in a blank area on the screen you want to change and a window should pop-up and then select Display Setting. It should be located in the lower left-hand corner.

HTH