How to use Overlow Trap in RSLogix 5000

ksa858

Attached is a section of code using a oveflow trap that was written in RSLOGIX 500. What is the equivalent instruction in RSLOGIX 5000?

Overflow trap.jpg

There is no "Overflow Trap" bit in Logix5000.

Logix500 was the only platform that ever had it, and to be honest, I can't see much use for it.

If you had an overflow somewhere in your program that set the trap bit, then it should have been dealt with at the time it occurred, not at the end of the scan. By then the overflow may already have caused mayhem.

Logix5000 will not Major Fault on math overflow at the end of the scan.

Similar Topics

Hi: For ControlLogix. Is there a way to "trap" when processor is powering down? This mean leave a bit latched or a value written to a tag? Is...
Replies
Views
I am over USB/Ethernet ports - USB ports kept dying - big footed electricians in plant rooms falling over the cables. Went looking for a...
Replies
Views
Hey! I am working on Archestra IDE, and I have tried to communicate the galaxy with other networked machines, but I am getting this error, could...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am triing to find manual for autotrap sensor Sick odt3-1313. It is very old sensor and Sick doesnt produce it anymore. Could find through...
Replies
Views
Hi Gurus I have an issue with 2 similar programs. One faults and the other doesnt. When i enter a number on the HMI larger than 546 ( MUL x 60 =...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom