Ab Hsce2 Wow!

Paul L.

P
I am planning a project and trying to pull together a BOM for the panel. I will be using (4) flowmeters - pulse output in the project. I have just downloaded the HSCE2 manual and see that I have some real digging to do in order to understand how to use it. Will I need two modules to accomodate the 4 flowmeters? How is the data handled by the card? How do I configure the card to handle 4?

Thanks for any insight. I'll continue to dig through the documentation...just thought someone might be able to provide the Cliffs Notes.

HSCE2

Paul L
This module is Engineers killer.
Any how As soon as you install your module in the rack normall you start to configure your I/O either manual or automatic .
the program will build an input and output image(words) depend on which module class you have: Class 4 module have 23 input words for module status and 8 output word for cofiguration.
If you have class 1 module you will have 8 or input and 8 for output.
Will I need two modules to accomodate the 4 flowmeters
Hsce2 have 3 modes of operatin one of the (Mode 3 ) operate the module as 4 counter so i think you need only one module.
Any how this module is one of the most difficult modules i have ever seen in my life.
So as i get in PLCS.net when i ask about this module i recommend you to read the manual many times and come to this great forum with a specific questions and sure you will find the answer.
and don't be afraid i face a lot of problems when i start dealing with this module and all of them are solved with the help of two gentelmens in this site kamenges &ndzied1
Also you can chech the thread HSCE2
It may help.
Good Luck

Yeah, I agree....read...read...and read again

Download the manual and PRINT PART OF IT. PRINT THE EXAMPLES.
Actually, copy the code. The copied file works for every-day uses. Configure it exactly like in the example, and all should work well.
I have had experience with these animals, and I agree, these things are INSANELY advanced.
I have used the card to count pulses from a high-speed encoder from a collamat printer in order to feed specific label lengths, and it works awesome. Took a while to figure it out, after reading the examples over and over until I just copied the code in the example.
Good Luck!!