Store Integer values ?

Wizlock

Hello, I have a slight challenge with a Step 7 programming. Am an Average user for the step 7 and programming in FBD. I am trying to store a live temperature value (INT), at a certain point, so that's it's "frozen" at that point, or stored if you like.

For example the temperature ranges up and down between 700 and 780 degrees celsius, and when certain conditions are present I want the current value at that point stored.

Any suggestions ? o_O

You want to store one value at one time? Or is this a repeating process? If so, how many values are you wanting to store?

If you want to do this once only. You use a comparator - pulse detection - move command. If you want to do this more, you should be using pointers. Let us know what you need and we can point you towards a solution.

You want to store one value at one time? Or is this a repeating process? If so, how many values are you wanting to store?

If you want to do this once only. You use a comparator - pulse detection - move command. If you want to do this more, you should be using pointers. Let us know what you need and we can point you towards a solution.
This will be a repetitive process, cycle of a metal furnace, and at a the same point, with the same things "happening", conditions, the temperature should be saved, so that it shows what the value was at that point.
Then after some time the furnace will be another mode, and I will then Move a "0" value to that Word. Forgot to mention, but this will send to InTouch via a DB.

Last edited:
Maybe I expressed myself a bit wrong. It's not like I want several stored, but I want the value set if you understand. Like when the conditions are present, a pulse will grab the value at say 716C*, I then want 716 frozen so that it doesn't change, and then I'll write that value to a "DBX.DBWXXX"

This seems very simple and I wonder if I am not understanding what you are trying to do :). Right now, it will record the value immediately after it exceeds the set value and will not record any values even if it is larger then the first.

You can change the comparator for any other condition. The second picture shows a way to make sure it only happens once, you will have to manually reset the one bit.

Capture.PNG Capture_2.PNG

This seems very simple and I wonder if I am not understanding what you are trying to do :). Right now, it will record the value immediately after it exceeds the set value and will not record any values even if it is larger then the first.

You can change the comparator for any other condition. The second picture shows a way to make sure it only happens once, you will have to manually reset the one bit.

Hmm, okay, I see. This is very similar to what I initially was thinking and tinkering around with. But a question; the value that's moved to MW116, the live temp value (MW112), will it stay at like whatever the value was the second it was moved ? Ex. 722C, without fluctuate up/down. If it does then I might have been on the track all along, but I thought maybe the value disappears as soon as the Input MOVE value disappear.

And yes, the manual reset is also a part of it, only the first time should be read. thanks for that :) Sorry for the late response.

Last edited:
Yes, MW116 will have the value of MW112 at the time the function is executed and will retain that value until it is overwritten.

Well that's perfect then! :) Thank you for clearing it up. I think I was doing it right all along, but thought it might not retain the value.. anyways, thank you :)