Siemens TIA portal Timer help!!!

this is a hardwired ladder diagram using standard symbols..i am trying to get this same function on a plc...more specifically a siemens s7-1200 1212c ac/dc/rly plc, using TIA portal v13 software... if anybody can help me in the way of configuring a timer to work as a normally closed timed open timer that would be awesome. or if there is just a simpler way of doing the whole thing let me know.View attachment two hand safety circuit.pdf

2 hand safety circuit should be a hard wired safety device such as pilz not in a PLC. You can switch a PLC output via the Pilz to your field device

I should have included the specific operations in my first post sorry..
I need a pushbutton to enable a circuit with an indicator light telling you that the circuit has been enabled. there needs to be two pushbuttons that must be pressed within .5seconds of one another. if this time requirement is not met then a yellow warning light needs to come on telling you that the time requirement was not met.. if both pbs are pressed and motor coil 1 is energized releasing either of the pbs for longer than a half second will cause the motor coil to de-energize.. I need a indicator light for motor running and motor not running as well...any advice is appreciated....thanks

Thank you good sir. this is a project my boss gave me trying to familiarize me with siemens plcs. (I have noooo clue what to do with a plc honestly this is my first time messing around with one) basically I need help simulating that logic in a plc...or..idk how to make the TON that's in TIA portal v13 to function as ncto rather than notc...I should've clarified that this is not going into a real world application as the hardwired circuit has already been implemented using thelogic in that diagram.. I just need help understanding how to make a plc do the same thing...just to familiarize myself with the different features...my boss said "mess with it and have something to teach me when I get back"

That article is excellent. That circuit logic in the attachment was actually used for a steel press machine so that relates to my situation very well. again thanks for the help everyone! much appreciated

my boss said "mess with it and have something to teach me when I get back"

Been there, but it is always fun when the boss says go mess with that and see if you can figure it out.
Heck, at the company I work for that is what they consider training.

The illustration you see in the link I gave you was made on an Allen Bradley but will give you a good idea of what to look for.
There are lots of Siemens users on this site as well as lots of all round talented PLC guys that can help you with specifics to the Siemens platform once you get the general feel for it and narrow down you questions.

Good luck and have fun,

BCS

Last edited:
Thanks much man. I'd upvote you but don't see the option. and yea I got super lucky I love my job. so far this industry has been kind to me as I am fresh out of technical school lol thx much for the help! hope you all have an excellent day