Cognex In-Sight 5000 - Ethernet/IP RSLogix

code128

[FONT=&quot]I have a Cognex In-Sight 5000 series camera reading a barcode and sending the data string using the WriteEIPBuffer function. The camera is triggered directly by a sensor.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The data is received by the PLC in the Inspection Results section on the first trigger but on the next trigger the data doesn’t always change/update.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the third trigger the data from the previous trigger is available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think this is probably a timing issue. Has anyone experienced this behavior before?[/FONT]

I haven't actually seen that behavior, but I do use the 5000 series camera a decent amount. I normally us the O.Control.InspectionResultsAck output to resent the I.Status.ResultsValid input before triggering, and then watch for I.Status.ResultsValid to go high again before "finishing" my inspection sequence.

Thanks for the quick reply. When you do this do you also have the O.Control.ResultsBufferEnable set to true?

I do not, the only other thing I set (other than the trigger) is the O.Control.TriggerEnable, and that one I just leave on all the time.