not showing up in who

Just got a new laptop and installed rslinx with a PCMK card series a. Drivers loaded Ok Status Running with no errors.

Hooked up cable to SLC and DH485 light comes on, but SLC is not showing up in WHO but my terminal does. Tried 3 SLCs no change. Running windows 7 pro

Any help?

Yes it is a old PCMK, waiting for UIC cable

I am running W7-64 and have a series B PMCK card and at first it would not show up in RSLinx unless it was connected to a network, now it stays in RSLinx (I am running version 3.60)

Alan

RSLinx.jpg

I have found quite often when changing from one SLC to another I have to go into the CONFIGURE DRIVERS option & auto-configure it to get it set to the correct baud for the CPU connected to.

Are you connected direct serial or using a usb adapter? A lot of new laptops don't use serial ports anymore (mine). I had an adapter that worked well with windows XP but not 7. If this is your case buy a high quality adapter, I use a tripp-lite model: usa-19hs. it needs to be high speed.