Intouch register own ActiveX Controler

marczaq

HI everyone
I have problem with register/instll my ActiveX Controll written in C#. I try do it in Intouch but I don't know how do it.

Google say that I have to click Special ->Configure -> Wizard/ActiveX Installation and use tab Active Control Installation. But in my Intouch (10.1) I haven't this tab:

1234png_earaxne.png

What's now? How to use own ActiveX Control? I have .dll but how to use it in Intouch?

Last edited:
I haven't done this in a while, but I'm pretty sure you need to register the DLL with Windows first using Regsvr32 from a command prompt. Do a Google search for "Register ActiveX control". I'm away on a job until next week and don't have access to my development machine but if you haven't figured it out by Monday, PM me.

I didn't register my dll. Ok so first I have to register my control and next I will see it using search button? How to see my Control in Intouch?

You may need to click the search button down the bottom right of the screenshot you attached. I'll need to get access to my development machine next week to be of any further help.

I'm registered my dll using regasm.exe register was successful but still I can't add control to project InTouch. When I use search button and click location then dll is I don't see anything. I can't add control.

You should use regsvr32 as previously suggested by Saffa:

from this site:
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Upload...and-unregister-a-dll-or-activex-controls-usi/

ActiveX Controls
ActiveX controls are files with a .OCX extension. These controls come in 16-bit and 32-bit forms, with 32-bit being the most common. To register an ActiveX control, you should use regsvr32.exe as follows:

1. Select Start » Run.
  2. Type the following in the dialog box that appears:
    regsvr32 "<Full path of .OCX file>"
    where "<Full path of .OCX file>" is the location of your ActiveX control including the quotes.

Regsvr32 will register a DLL file as well. Go to the site I posted a link to. In that article, he explains why regsvr32 would fail to register a file.

I found such a thing:

To be used with regsvr32, a DLL must export the functions DllRegisterServer and DllUnregisterServer.
Regsvr32 will load the library and try to call the DllRegisterServer() from that library. It doesn't care what DllRegisterServer() actually does – it just calls that function and checks the returned value.
our DLL must implement DllRegisterServer and DllUnregisterServer, that contain the logic that is necessary to add or delete the required registry entries for the COM component. RegSvr32.exe finds the entry point to these functions, and calls them appropriately.

But I don't know what I should to add on this implements and how to implements it. I found something about IT in msdn but it was concerned C++

C++, C#, C--, I don't think it will matter unless you are looking for exact explicit details. The general idea of what to do is what you're after.