Vacon Drive and Beckhoff Embedded PC

Manoj M

Hello Friends,
I am using Vacon NXP drives and Beckhoff Embedded PC (TwinCAT 2) in my project. The communication protocol is Ethercat. I am struggling to get the coding done in Beckhoff. I am trying to read control and status word of drive in Beckhoff but having no luck. Is anybody here can explain me with coding example how to write a small software to read/write values of drive. I can see the drive in Hardware configuration but really struggling for next step. I have written the software before in Siemens but this is the first time I am trying to talk with drives.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Manoj

You should:

1. in System Manager put your controller in config mode.
2. scan devices.
3. scan boxes.
4. hopefully you will have found the drives in the ethercat network.
5. see if each drive has the inputs and outputs you want.
6. create variables in your PLC project that fit the bit space of your inputs and outputs. Those variables must be in %I or %Q space.
7. link those variables to drive variables.
8. you have it (no coding involved).

Hope this helps.

I hope it works for you Manoj M...

Come back if you need anything else, can't promise to answer fast as we are overworked here, but...

Hello AJZ
I already have this manual and did the same to save the ESI file. Thanks for the information.
But now I have another query regarding screen development in TwinCAT. Have anybody got the manual for TwinCAT visualization. I am the beginner in this TwinCAT enviornment. If somebody can explain with examples, that will kill my problems..

Regards
Manoj

a visualisation is rather easy, just put a square on the screen and then go to configure
when variable is asked press F2