Learn me

UKB

Redlion HMIs -

Where can I learn how to program and drive redlion HMI's?

I've never done any programming or work with PLC's before. :p

I'd like to make a database on the g15 where by I can enter data and save it on my sd card. It would be great to recall this information and edit it , but this is the secondary objective.

I've tagged some data entry boxes - I guess my fundamental question is how do I save information entered into a data box to an array internally or on the SD card.

Thanks,
Ulev

JRWB - Thank you for prompt reply, I have previously studied that tutorials guide and find it lacks details. For instance there is a tutorial on that for making array but it stops before it explains how to save input data.

thank you,
Ulev.

Edit:
Ah, perhaps I can use the WriteFileLine command to write the output of a databox to a file.

Last edited:
jrwb4gbm beat me to it, but I already had the following typed up, so here it goes.

Red Lion has a bunch of documentation and application notes that you can learn from. Here's a link to their Tech Notes. Look under the Human Machine Interface section.

There are a number of video presentations you can look at.

Also, there are a number of example databases (I would start with the G310 file since it seems to contain the most examples) you can "reverse engineer" and learn how they do certain functions. Specifically, the "SaveToCF10.cd2" database contained in the G310 Sample Database download file.

You can create a tag, then under the Data tab, set

Source: to Internal
Extent: Array, then put in the number of elements you want
Storage: Retentive

This will keep the value even after a power cycle, but I'm not sure what happens if you make changes to the program and download them to the HMI.

Capture.JPG

ebalarde: Thank you very much - those examples are ideal.

I have made some progress and I'm know trying to delete an entry in a file.
I had some success deleting the entire file using the 'deleteFile' command. Any pointers on how to go about deleting a single recipe entered in the CSV file?

Thank you,
Ulev

I am not aware of a function that will allow you to delete a line in the text file.
Unfortunately, I have very little experience with this function, so i don't have any tricks beyond what you see in the example.

Often you will need to open an input file and an output file, read one line at a time and determine if you want to write it to the output file, if so then write it otherwise continue to read lines from the input file until end of file.

Thanks ebalarde..

DanatoMega - I expect your reply would of been helpful if I knew how to go about making those things happen! I've some reading to do...

Found a new issue saving to a csv file this morning, :confused:

I have made a data entry box which will save data to an excel csv file, although it seems a bit buggy!
If I open to the csv file in excel and enter some data this can be loaded and viewed on the HMI. However if I enter some data and save it to the flash card on the HMI I cannot view it in excel, but it will display on the HMI.
it seems to only work in one direction..
Any ideas,

as you may have guessed I'm a bit new to this, 🔨

Would you mind giving us a break-down of the steps you are taking to both edit a .csv file in Excel and then view it on the HMI, and saving HMI data to a .csv file then trying to open it in Excel? It will help get a better picture of what you are doing, and what could be the problem.