Siemens Switch Disassembly

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I just received a piece of equipment with a Siemens 3LD2254-0TK53 mains switch (see attached picture). I can't access the incoming power terminals without removing the switch first, but I don't know how the contact block separates from the switch.

Is there a release tab, or do I push and twist, or something else? I'm sure it's easy, if I only knew the trick :ROFLMAO:

I've dug through the datasheets and manuals online, but don't see any disassembly instructions. Any ideas?

🍻

-Eric

Siemens3LD2254-0TK53.jpg

Um, hit it harder? :)

The shields like this that I've seen and used just popped off with a little twist and pull. Sometimes the wires liked to help if they were flexed too tightly. Are those blue shields really on there that tight?

-rpoet

I don't recall seeing that red locking lever on mine, but I'll check when I'm at the machine again. Looks promising though. Thanks for the picture, osmanmom (y)

🍻

-Eric

MAYBE1.jpg