Getting GE RX3i to stop overriding tags from HMI on download

NevisGroup

This has gotten quite frustrating. I am using a RX3i controller. Every time I down load it changes the tag that I have fine tuned via the HMI.
How do I get it to (in RSLOGIX speak) "upload tag database"?

When you transfer changes from Machine Edition to the PLC without stopping the PLC you don't overwrite variable values. If you do the transfer with the PLC stopped, you get a check box for how much or how little to transfer. You can choose to transfer only the logic without any variable values.

In a PAC each variable can have an "initial" value which can be set by uploading or adjusting as a parameter. This is a good place to start so that a download will have relevant data. If you have important values that must be routinely changed via an HMI it is recommended that these values be stored in Flash memory to be restored each time the CPU is set to Run, these can be updated via logic with a "ServiceRequest" function block. Or stored in removable media in the HMI and loaded on demand as needed via a script.