OMRON Timed Intervals

alanyap

Hey guys,
I'm requested to design a system using time interval, where the user sets the operating time range (eg: from 10am to 3pm). Within that time range there will be another set point that the user can set the motor operating intervals (eg: 1 minutes on and 1 minutes off within the time range).

The first part is completed where the motor can operates within the time range.
Do you guys have any idea to determine the intervals activation? I tried to think many ways but i can't found any solution yet.

Hi chavak,

I'm not so sure what should i call this type of sequence.
let say that, i have a motor that needed to be controlled this way.
The motor will be attached to an activation timer, so the motor will runs during the time inside the range. Let say the user set the time range is from 1PM to 4PM so the motor will be activated during the time of the day in between 1PM to 4PM.

The second part, during the activation time. The motor will be controlled via pulsing, the pulsing delay will be in minutes, lets say the person set the interval as 1 minutes. So the motor will run for 1 minutes then stop for 1 minutes pulsing from 1PM to 4PM.

I hope my explanation can helps u understand my situation :)
Cheers!!

Depends on your PLC....

A351.00 to A351.07 Seconds: 00 to 59
A351.08 to A351.15 Minutes: 00 to 59
A352.00 to A352.07 Hour: 00 to 23
A352.08 to A352.15 Day of the month
A353.00 to A353.07 Month: 01 to 12
A353.08 to A353.15 Year: 00 to 99
A354.00 to A354.07 Day of the week
00: Sunday, 01: Monday, 02: Tuesday, 03: Wednesday 04: Thursday, 05: Friday, 06: Saturday

Start time needs to be in 24hr format and needs to be written into a word from the HMI. You may need to combine together a couple of bytes to do this. Then compare this value with high byte of A351 and low byte of A352
Same story for the end time.
As for pulsing set the timer preset on time from the HMI to a D word. Do the same for off time. Use these D words as the preset for the timer value. The format will be BCD remember!
Hope it goes well!

Hi guys,
This is my solution, i tab into the bit of PLC time address A351.08, then this pulse will giv me a fixed 2 minutes on/off pulse, then i make 2 counter,
first counter with the original user input.
second counter with the user input number multiply by 2.
then i use the first counter to trigger a keep signal for the output, and use the second counter to reset the keep signal for the output.

Now i'm changing the 2 minutes pulse to 1 minutes pulse to provide more intervals.

Hope this info helps someone :D