Factory Talk View Studio Recipe Plus .rpp

singleslam

Hello Guys,

I am new to the forum so forgive me if i break any rules. I am using a PVP1500, and the project has already been created...My problem is i am trying to edit my recipe files and it was setup to store recipes externally, my problem is i cant seem to figure out how to view the .rpp file in excel to make a change and copy over all info. The info is very crucial that i cant miss anything..i work in a stamping plant and the recipes are for job storage and my plant wouldnt to happy if i lost the job storage info..if anyone could please shed some light on my situation i would be very grateful..thanks

if you would need anymore info please let me know thanks so much!!!

thank you guys so much for heading me in the right direction. I ended up retrieving the file and viewing via the file viewer, i was then able to save it as a .csv file and then import into excel. However, i couldnt figure out how to get back into a .rpp file so what i ended up doing was coming across a forum post that informed me about the temp folder that is created when you load a .mer file into rsview, but DO NOT RUN it. Temp folder is located at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\~MER.00 (WinXP) so from there i was able to copy and paste the recipe info into my HMI project and then save it there, and then transfer it back to the compact flash card and then back into the PV. Again thanks so much for the help..it is good to know that i have such great support here, better than rockwell!!!

Last edited: